Sunshine Blogger Award
It has been a LONG time since I have been nominated for a blogger award. How long? This was my basic reaction…
Thank you to A Little Haze Book Blog for tagging me! I linked her Sunshine Blogger Award. Everyone needs to go check it out.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog (See Above)
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Which do you prefer: bookstagram or bookish twitter? Share your links.
Twitter- Bookstagram is an utter and epic fail for me- @literacybatman
What has been your favourite read of 2020 so far?
Straight to final jeopardy. Nope.
Ink in the Blood By Kim Smejkal– definitely tops the list but I can’t not mention the below
Grown By Tiffany Jackson (Out in September- I’ve already read it but can’t post a review until September)
You have to understand and I’ve said this many times at this point. I’ve been a blessed book bitch so far with both back list and ARCs. Other than three books I’ve lambasted, one genre I have broken up with (See: All Your Twisted Secrets – which is a win.. some genres just aren’t for everyone), and a couple of meh books? I’ve read some really, really incredible books that have literally upped my expectations across the board. So, admittedly I could have easily just put Ink in the Blood and left it alone. But I couldn’t leave the others out. Maybe I have one hell of bad break of books coming. I don’t know. But right now? I’m on a tare (tear?) of incredible books.
In fact, there are about a half dozen books that, by all rights, should be on this list. Had you asked me last year? I’d bet my life on it. And there is still six months to go that include seriously, HIGHLY (for me) anticipated books. It is an embarrassment of book riches.
What has been your least favourite read of 2020 so far?
HAHAHAHAHA. This is simple. Too simple. I’m gonna let Liam’s resting bitch face tell you how this one is gonna go…
Adult- I would have enjoyed The Guest List more if the cast would have been quarantined with Covid at the end.
What is your favourite blog post you have ever written? Share your link.
Probably the one on Tiffany Jackson because I want everyone to read her, know her and understand all the things. Personally, I’m actually attempting a second annually Summer Fling (and expanded it to Spring)… if I pull that off it’ll be pretty impressive (to me anyway). The next major update (and it’ll be major) for the Spring/Summer Fling 2020 will be before Memorial Day.
Tiffany Jackson It isn’t just a review of Let Me Hear A Rhyme (her latest book before Grown comes out in September) but an all encompassing look at her work and philosophy.
Bookish teas or bookish candles?
Neither- sorry. LOL The cats will light themselves on fire so candles are useless and I don’t drink tea. I like artwork.
Series or standalones?
I’m always inclined to say standalones but if I take away the impatience… I really don’t know.
Describe your perfect reading nook
Well. It was the pool and I had a cool place I used to go sit at during happy hour. Now? Probably my patio.
What is your favourite book to screen adaptation?
Right now the Umbrella Academy- holding out for Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom.
What is your least favourite book to screen adaptation?
The Girl with all the Gifts
You can only read books published by five authors for the rest of your life. Who are the five authors?
Why, as bookish people, do we continuously torture each other with these kinds of questions? See the meme above lol.
Noodles or rice?
If by noodles you mean pasta? I’m Italian- pasta.
- Do you get burned out on genres? What do you do when you get burned out on your favorite genres?
- What is your favorite post of the year that you didn’t write (link it)
- What are you goals for your site, so far?
- If you could wave a wand and fix three things about the book community, what would they be?
- We are coming up on the 1/2 way point of the year. What books coming up on your radar?
- What are your tips for beating a reading slump?
- Do you need tips for beating a reading slump?
- Is there a genre you just can’t read no matter what the book is like or the author that writes it- even if your favorite author wrote one book in that genre- you just, can’t.
- Biggest surprise disappointment so far?
- Biggest surprise book that you LOVED so far?
- How do you keep the pressure of maintaining your site at bay?