Self-Described Recovering Rocket Scientist Nikki Katz Spills The Tea
I just wanted to be clear that I didn’t come up with that part. I’m not that witty nor that daring. However, Nikki Katz just might be and with a bit of a dark twist hiding behind that mug of joe? She’s going to come up with some plots that aren’t quite what they seem and reach into the psychological reaches of the mind. Say hello to Ms. Katz… (coolest name, ever by the way- Pavel, Liam and Gomez approve and they don’t approve of ANYTHING).
2) I believe the inspiration for Midnight Dancer was a commercial? What about King’s Questioner?
3) Who have been some contemporary inspirations since Rowling? Not that she isn’t contemporary, per say. I’m thinking since the last Harry Potter book was published.
Laini Taylor, Leigh Bardugo, and Erin Morgenstern.
4) What most interests you/what do you most look for when choosing freelance writing projects?
Those that pay! Actually my freelance work is centered around nonfiction specifically because I need to save my creativity for my own projects. I also like to pick topics I either know something about or want to know something about! Some of my most interesting book development projects fell in my lap when I most needed them.
5) What can we expect in any upcoming projects
6) No I am not an internet stalker BUT I do like to do my research so I can personalize my interviews! I did snoop your LinkedIn and noticed you have A LOT going on, superwoman! How do you manage it all?
7) Can you talk about some of your favorite projects/roles and discuss them a bit?
Nikki Katz Biography:
Nikki is a recovering rocket scientist, author, editor, freelance writer, and social media stalker. THE MIDNIGHT DANCE is in stores now and THE KING’s QUESTIONER.
A busy mom of three crazy active kids, Nikki is the Managing Editor for SocialMoms.com and a Scribe for Scribe Media. She has published articles on a variety of topics and her work has appeared on Storia, About.com, iVillage, b5media.com, and dozens of other websites. She is also the author of four nonfiction puzzle and games books.
Previously, Nikki was a project manager and management consultant, and she has a B.S. in aerospace engineering.