From Devouring Books (Linked In Title Above):
This Top 5 series started back in October and I kind of lost motivation for making it every week. But it’s back! This is a series of books that I want to read that all have a common theme. Previously on the blog I have focused on witches, werewolves, thrillers, faeries, fairy tale retellings and high fantasy. I am going to try and bring this series back for every Saturday.
The upcoming schedule is:
10/5/19 — Books with the Scariest Covers
10/12/19 — Books that Cast a Spell on You
10/19/19 — Creepy Books
10/26/19 — Trick or Treat (Pick your own topic!)
- Share your top 5 books of the current topic– these can be books that you want to read, have read and loved, have read and hated, you can do it any way you want.
- Tag the original post (This one!)
- Tag 5 people
Let Us Get Four Things Out Of The Way Right Quick:
- Harry Potter Fans- GO SEE #4
- You’ll see The Walking Dead theme again tomorrow. Why? Because I can. And because it is back for season ten tomorrow! And it is official- Lauren Cohen is coming back and I don’t care what anyone says- YAY MAGGIE!
- I am never ever going to read the books listed below. Because hey– I can take my bit of horror and gore. I watch AHS, TWD. I’ve read Stephen King, Dean Koontz and The Girl With All The Gifts. I was an 80s Slasher movie person. I can handle things. But this shit…
- Let this list save your sleep. DON’T EVER GOOGLE SCARIEST BOOK COVERS. EVER. Truthfully, I’m not even sure I picked what I really thought were the scariest because I like you and I didn’t want to do that to you. So this is the top five with a decorum of discretion– and as you keep that in mind? That alone, should scare the shit out of you.
Thirty Days of Night By Steve Niles
YOU WILL BE THRILLED to know that 30 Days of Night also comes on Audible! Because who wouldn’t want to LISTEN to this freak fest. I’ll spare you the synopsis. But if you want to write the publisher– that would be Penguin RandomHouse.
2) Scary Fucking Stories by D.F. Noble
Is it me or is either the title and/or cover beating the proverbial dead horse? I mean the cover is a what the fuckery on its own and then the title does what exactly that we couldn’t get from the picture? Because if you thought you were getting a light hearted chick-flick starring J-Lo and Matthew McConahey (how do you even spell his name) from the cover? You may want to checkout what is going on in the frontal cortex/lobe area of the ol’ noggin. Some wires might be a little crossed.
Independent Publishing people of some sort on this one…
3) Cult of the Clan by Frank Lambert
There are two groups of people in this world. There are people who heed warnings and people who read warnings and do the exact opposite of those warnings. Fair enough, if I’m being honest, I tend to fall in the latter. But I’m being serious here.
This book and cover IS THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG. Take this seriously. Do not google this book or author. If you go to this website I’m not responsible for the damage it causes. And that is my disclaimer.
Because at the end of the day this book and the website made me do three things:
4) Horror Book Cover Version of Harry Potter (See Link- PLEASE SEE LINK) By Dylan Pierpont
This site is exactly what it says and OMG – FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HARRY POTTER– RUN DON’T WALK TO THAT WEBSITE. Unfortunately, the artist’s official site is no longer active- but I did some digging and found the series of horror Harry covers for you in the link above!
I thought we needed a little bit of a break there
5) Kiss Kiss by Roald Dahl
In all my craziest, wildest thoughts I can honestly say I NEVER EVER saw a reality where Roald Dahl ends up on this list. But yet….
And that is truly disgusting. I don’t even want to think about where the kissing might come in.
Our fearless leader Amanda at Devouring Books is linked at the top, obviously. This is who I have so far:
What did you think? If you are still thinking?
Did I mentally damage you forever? Are you ok? Like seriously. I hope you are ok?