Thank you to Becky at Crooks Book for this nomination. Becky is incredibly sweet despite making my TBR grow by the boatload. Go check out her site, you won’t regret it!
So what does the Real Neat Blog Award nomination mean? Well there’s some rules which are:
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
Questions from Blair:
- Who is your favourite literary Villain?
Right now? And maybe that is because we are just sitting on pins and needles fro Queen of Nothing and so it is on my mind but I’m going to go with Cardan from Air of the Folk – Holly Black. (Nostalgia Updated Review of Wicked King)
2. If you could only listen to one album for the next year what would you pick?
If you asked me this a year ago it would’ve been a migraine inducing question but music and I haven’t been on speaking terms for the past year, unfortunately. For anyone who has known me before the past year that statement would make them pass out cold. So I’m going to go with the only album I’ve listened to in the past year- the soundtrack to the Umbrella Academy.
3. What was the topic for your first blog post?
I keep hoping somehow this is going to earn me points for an ARC of the sequel but somehow I don’t think that is going to work -_-. A review of Mirage from NetGalley on July 17th.
4. What is you favourite review you’ve ever written?
This will always be the same answer, I believe. ARC Review of Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani with Afterword by Viviana Mazza
5. What is your favourite literary quote?
Brick by Brick.- Kaz Brekker, Six Of Crows/Crooked Kingdom
6. If you could live in any country in the world which would you pick and why?
I really never had a problem with America. Until Trump. Until the last 18th months. Now I would take Europe. Did Brexit happen yet, officially- no it is October 29th, right? So the UK is still apart of the EU? Canada. Somewhere in there. America is just embarrassing itself at this point. Capitalism is just hateful.
7. If you could pick one superpower which would it be and why?
Mind Control? Invisibility maybe. Going back in time?
- What is your favorite book cover?
- What is your favorite social media format outside of your blog?
- What has been your favorite read of the year so far?
- What is your most anticipated read of the rest of 2019?
- What is a book you see the rest of the blogging world completely hyped about that you just don’t get?
- What is a book you absolutely love that you never see anyone talk about?
- What do you do when you are in a blogging slump (not necessarily reading but blogging)?
I hope you enjoy answering the questions and I can’t wait to read your posts!